Transit / 6-71 Diesel Engine / Hydraulic Transmission / 48 passenger / Model 01
Manufactured from 1953 to 1958
|Serial #||Notes||Property||Fleet Number||Delivery Date|
|0001-0035||-||Pacific Electric Railway (Los Angeles CA)||2900-2934||05/53|
|0036-0065||1||Metropolitan Coach Lines (Los Angeles CA)||301-330||10/53|
|0066-0165||-||Metropolitan Coach Lines (Los Angeles CA)||400-499||04/54|
|0166-0265||6||Los Angeles Transit Lines (CA)||6500-6599||11-12/54|
|0266-0348||-||Metropolitan Coach Lines (Los Angeles CA)||501-583||02-03/55|
|0349-0368||-||Metropolitan Coach Lines (Los Angeles CA)||600-619||09/56|
|0369-0378||-||San Diego Transit System (CA)||501-510||09/56|
|0379-0398||7||San Diego Transit System (CA)||511-530||08/57|
|0399-0406||-||City of Santa Monica/Santa Monica Municipal Bus Lines (CA)||4801-4808||08/57|
|0407-0456||2||Los Angeles Transit Lines (CA)||5100-5149||03-04/58|
|0457-0506||3-5||Metropolitan Coach Lines (Los Angeles CA)||620-669||03-04/58|
|0507-0526||-||San Diego Transit System (CA)||531-550||04/58|
|0527-0547||4||Bay Area Public Transit Corp/Key System Transit Lines (Oakland CA)||2100-2120||04/58|
(1) Key System Transit Lines originally ordered 100 coaches for the 2100-2199 series but cancelled the order. Coaches that were built prior to the order being cancelled went to Metropolitan Coach Lines.
(2) Originally built as Los Angeles Transit Lines 5100-5149 but delivered directly to the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority.
(3) Originally built as Metropolitan Coach Lines but transferred to the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority upon receipt and renumbered as 5150 - 5199.
(4) Coach 2102 (serial 0529) of this order is preserved by Andy Goddard (San Diego CA).
(5) Coach 654 (serial 0491) of this order is preserved by Ralph Cantos (CA) as renumbered coach 5184.
(6) Coach 6583 (serial 0249) of this order is preserved by Graham Wood (AB)
(7) Coach 517 (serial 0385) of this order is preserved by Richard and Chris Stauffer (CA)
Coaches from GM Engineering and demonstrators typically had the coach serial number as the fleet number although not listed.
Return to the GM Production Index
Page revised on August 13, 2004